Sunday, May 27, 2012

Finally Done!!

I have been working on this for a client for a while and its finally done. I still need to order some prototype PCB boards to make sure that everything is ok. There are also some V2 changes that I want to do already but they are things for ease of assembly.

I am using the VLSI VS-1053 audio IC to do the decoding of the mp3 files that are going to used. For the software I'm using Bill Porters library for the IC. ( http://www.billporter.info/ ) This is the same MP3 IC that can be used on the Sparkfun MP3 Sheild.

If these audio amp ICs work out well I might have to use them for some other projects. 43W into 4ohms each is the making of a nice little integrated amp for the desk.

Here's the layout for the board, I'll report back if it works as it should or not.

1 comment: